Thursday, May 8, 2014

Two Interesting Articles

I found Tumbler tonight. I know, I'm a bit behind the times; I only got a Net Flicks account last week. Anyhow, Tumbler led me to this article from the NY Times, and I thought I'd share. Although a total gastrectomy is not in the cards for me right now, one family member has had the surgery preemptively and others are facing it soon, thanks to this great CDH1 gene we share.

It made me think of my all inclusive resort vacation just before my diagnosis. There was all this amazing gourmet food and chefs available to cater to my every whim, yet I could only eat a few bites of each meal due to early satiation, one of the few symptoms I experienced before being diagnosed with stage IV stomach cancer.
NY Times: I Won't Have The Stomach for This

A second article/opinion was written to follow up.
NY Times: Diagnosis of a Cancer:two Opinions

1 comment:

  1. Just to point out how far behind the times I am , my husband told me I'd spelled Tumblr as Tumbler and Net Flix as Net Flicks. I aced all my spelling tests in middle school without studying. Now I'd have to drop out or something.

    ReplyDelete